Sunday, January 26, 2014

Driving Ms. Dinghy

I am finally earning my Dinghy badge. Yup. Took me half the trip but, hey, better late than never? Yesterday, I loaded up Suzi and her oldest daughter Sonia (S/V Vales Valeo) and Kaley (S/V Sand Dollar) from where we are all staying at the Marina Isla Navidad, started the motor, backed up, turned around and got out of the marina, across the bay to tie up at the Sands Motel in Barra de Navidad to go shopping in the village, dodging pangas all the way, and did it ALL BY MY SELF. No Marcus. No Max. Of course, the girls helped me and didn't cringe too much. And then I did it all again to get us back again... in the dark and lightning (I did, however, forget the flashlight/lightsource - dangerous in Mexican waters but we hadn't planned having so much fun shopping that we would end up coming back in the dark). Scoutmaster Brian... Did I earn that badge? (No photo attached since I was too busy avoiding the wakes to also take photos. But I have witnesses!).

No comments:

Post a Comment